Whether you operate as a sole proprietor or a corporate entity, you may find yourself asking the question, “who is considered an insured on my policy?” The TIAC policy defines an INSURED or INSUREDS as:
- the Named Insured specified in Item 1 of the policy Declarations;
- any owner, partner, officer, director, stockholder, member or employee of the Named Insured while acting within the scope of his or her duties for the Named Insured;
- any former owner, partner, officer, director stockholder, member or employed of the Named Insured while acting within the scope of his or her duties for the Named Insured;
- as respects the liability of each Insured in the above, the heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives or each Insured in the event of his or her death, incapacity or bankruptcy;
- any lawful spouse of any person qualifying as an Insured under this policy, but only with respect to Claims arising solely out his or her capacity as a spouse unless such spouse otherwise qualifies as an Insured under the policy.
A thorough review of any insurance policy is always best and if you have a question about your TIAC policy, reach out to your representative to help you review and understand your coverage.
Copyright © 2018 Title Industry Assurance Company RRG. All rights reserved.
This information is provided for the purpose of illustration. The coverage provided is that set forth in the terms, conditions, and limitations of the policy of insurance.